Here at the School of Management, your career development process starts before you even begin your first class. Use this online MS Accounting Career Checklist and calendar to get this process started.
Read and follow the schedule outlined in each section to prepare for on-campus recruiting and the job search process. The summer activities will also ensure completion of CRC requirements during the MS Accounting program. Access the necessary online tools and resources in each section to accomplish the objectives outlined.
The Career Resource Center (CRC) serves as the primary resource for students and alumni of the School of Management in career exploration and job search. The CRC is a key link between the school and employers, offering many programs that bring these groups together, such as career consortium events, alumni connections, internships, campus recruiting and career development workshops and seminars. Our mission is to create a caring environment that enables and motivates students to be successful in reaching their individual career goals.
The CRC's dedicated staff is committed to assisting students throughout the career development and job search process. Get to know our team by visiting the CRC staff page.
Summer (before starting the MS program)
Part I: Build and submit your résumé by July 15
- Build your updated MS résumé using the CRC résumé tools below.
- Submit your résumé for crititue using the VMock résumé review tool, which provides instant, automated and personalized guidance on your résumé.
- Access to VMock will be granted in June. Watch for an invitation email, which will be sent to the email address you provided in your admissions application.
- UB School of Management alumni using an older CRC résumé template (that is neatly formatted) may lose points for format in VMock. You may choose to continue using your current format.
- Revise your résumé based on your VMock feedback.
- Personalized critiques from a career advisor are aslo important. Submit your updated résumé by Sunday, July 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As an MS Word document
- It should be one page only.
- Name your document ACCT_Last Name_First Name.
- Include your specific MS program in the subject line of the email, such as MS ACCT Résumé
Part II (between July 15 and August 1)
Sign in to the BizLink career management system and updated your account, clarifying your job experience and job preferences. Your degree and class level fields should be noted as MS Accounting. (CRC Requirement)
- Keep your account up-to-date. The CRC staff uses the data to effectively communicate with students and market UB's MS Accounting talent to prospective employers. (CRC Requirement)
- After the VMock critique process and CRC advisor review make the recommended résumé changes and upload your résumé to the BizLink system. All MS Accounting résumés must be CRC approved and uploaded by the end of August.
- It is extremely important that your uploaded résumé be error-free and in professional business format.
- Your résumé will be available for employers to view online through our BizLink system unless you specifically turn this off in your privacy setting, which is not recommended. You will also need to have your résumé ready to submit for early CRC on-campus interviewing opportunities in BizLink and for the Meet the Professionals event on September 12.
Part III (between August 15 and August 27)
Begin preparing for upcoming fall on campus interviewing by doing the following: