Sample Internships >
Company A is known for outstanding hospitality, food and retail services and attention to delivering an unmatched customer experience. As one of the world's leading hospitality and food service providers, we have established each of our core businesses as leaders in their respective industries.
General Accounting Intern
Main Project Responsibilities
An intern would be involved in the preparation of monthly percentage and prepaid rents per client contracts, assist in analysis and reconciliation of accrued rent expense accounts and other general ledger accounts, resolve discrepancies via journal entries, participate in coordination and distribution of weekly operating results to management, and occasionally will participate in probing and resolving variances.
Participate in our Client Contract Synopsis File project and assist in performing other special projects and analyses of operational and financial results on a self-generating basis or at management request, including developing computer models.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Education: BS in Accounting – Junior or Senior level standing
- Concentration(s) of study: Accounting
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Knowledge of accounting functions and principals
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed analytical skills
- Solid verbal, written and telephone skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Develop strong knowledge basis and familiarity with specific accounting procedures involved in a corporate environment
- Increase analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Gain experience with the processes and background of financial accounting decisions
- Leadership skills: self-management, problem solving and integrity
- Intern will work 10-15 hours per week. Schedule and duration of the position are flexible. May require travel (10 percent at most). Minimum requirement of 150 hours expected during the internship.
- Compensation: Paid position, $10/hr.