The Frank L. Ciminelli Family Career Resource Center and the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning (IEL) work together to develop internship opportunities for UB School of Management students. Both programs share the online BizLink recruiting system.
Our juniors, seniors and graduate students are eager to gain hands-on industry knowledge while serving your company. Offering creative approaches and current educational perspectives, interns can bring immediate value to your organization.
Many of our students prefer to earn academic credit for their participation in an internship. Academic credit is optional for paid internships* and required for all unpaid internships. Students work minimum of 150 hours and must be mentored by an appropriate professional within your organization. Any private, public or nonprofit organization may recruit student interns through our program.
*International students are always required to register their internships for academic credit to obtain work authorization. Our office handles that process for you.
Summer 2015 Internship Recruiting NOW OPEN!
Recruiting period: October 1 – December 1
Interns start mid-January
Recruiting period: February 1 – June 1
Interns start late May/early June
Recruiting period: July 1 – September 1
Interns start early September
- About Internships and Experiential Learning
- Start here to learn more about recruiting interns from the UB School of Management.
- Sample Internships
- Review sample internship descriptions and overviews of our concentration areas to generate ideas for your own internship opportunities.
- Supervisor's Role
- Learn more about becoming a successful intern supervisor.
- Recruiting Strategies
- Four strategies for recruiting student interns through the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning in the UB School of Management.
- Legal Issues
- This page reviews current legal information regarding internships.
- Timelines and Deadlines
- This calendar contains important internship office dates as well as registration deadlines for both students and employers.
- Key Documents and Resources
- Find key internship documents such as the Management by Objectives Contract and Internship Description Guide.
- Internship Awards Reception
- Each year the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning and the Career Resource Center honor the outstanding achievements of our students and employers at an awards reception.
- Frequently asked questions from employers about internships and the services of the Internships and Experiential Learning office.
Office of Internships and Experiential Learning
University at Buffalo
School of Management
308 Alfiero Center
Buffalo, NY 14260
Meet our Staff
Ask a Question