The Frank L. Ciminelli Family Career Resource Center and the Credit-Bearing Internship Program (CBIP) work together to develop internship opportunities for UB School of Management students. Both programs share the online BizLink recruiting system.
Our juniors, seniors and graduate students are eager to gain hands-on industry knowledge while serving your company. Offering creative approaches and current educational perspectives, interns can bring immediate value to your organization.
Many of our students prefer to earn academic credit for their participation in an internship. Academic credit is optional for paid internships* and required for all unpaid internships. Students work minimum of 150 hours and must be mentored by an appropriate professional within your organization. Any private, public or not-for-profit organization may recruit student interns through our program.
*International students are required to register their internships for academic credit to obtain work authorization. CBIP handles that process for you.
Fall 2014 Internship Recruiting NOW OPEN!
Recruiting period: July 1 – September 1
Interns start early September
Recruiting period: October 1 – December 1
Interns start mid-January
Recruiting period: February 1 – June 1
Interns start late May/early June
- About Internships and Experiential Learning
- Start here to learn more about recruiting interns from the UB School of Management.
- Sample Internships
- Review sample internship descriptions and overviews of our concentration areas to generate ideas for your own internship opportunities.
- Supervisor's Role
- Learn more about becoming a successful intern supervisor.
- Recruiting Strategies
- Four strategies for recruting student interns through the Credit-Bearing Internship Program in the UB School of Management.
- Legal Issues
- This page reviews current legal information regarding internships.
- Timelines and Deadlines
- This calendar contains important internship program dates as well as registration deadlines for both students and employers.
- Key Documents and Resources
- Find key Credit-Bearing Internship Program documents such as the Management by Objectives Contract and the Building Successful Internship Programs guide.
- Internship Awards Reception
- Each year the Credit-Bearing Internship Program and the Career Resource Center honor the outstanding achievements of our students and employers at an awards reception.
- Frequently asked questions from employers about internships and the Credit-Bearing Internship Program.
Credit-Bearing Internship Program
University at Buffalo
School of Management
308 Alfiero Center
Buffalo, NY 14260
Meet our Staff
Ask a Question