Internal Resources >
Schedule School Resources >
Technology Equipped Classrooms
Educational Technology Equipped Classrooms (ETEC)
The School of Management has nine educational technology equipped classrooms (ETEC). There are six in Jacobs Management Center and three in the Alfiero Center.
ETEC Facilities Available
Jacobs 106 / 110 / 112 / 122 / 214 / 320
Alfiero 102 / 103 / 104
Questions: See IT staff at 716-645-3210, or Connie Rieck, 118 Jacobs, 716-645-3210, firstname.lastname@example.org
Combinations: Faculty needs to see Connie Rieck or member of the IT staff.
Keys: See Connie Rieck for keys. When you are not teaching for a semester in an ETEC room, please return your keys.
Alarms: Each piece of equipment within the podium cabinet is alarmed. Please do not move any device (except the mouse, projector remote control, and microphone), since the alarm will sound and will alert Public Safety. If the alarm is accidentally triggered, please notify both Public Safety and the school's IT staff immediately. The consultants in the Jacobs Computer Lab, 716-645-3332, can contact the IT staff.
Podium: Each podium is outfitted with a Creston touch-screen system which controls all equipment in the cabinet as well as the projector. Press the "Push to Begin" button on the touch-screen to enable the "system."
- Turn on projector using the "Projector On" button in the lower right-hand side of the screen
- The projector takes 45 seconds to warm up
- Video mute is available on the touch panel
- The projector will automatically shut off when the cabinet door closes
Steps to follow for each class
- Power on - When you open the podium, access is turned on to every device. Select "Projector On" at the lower right hand side of the touch-screen to turn on the projector
- If the logon box appears, the username and password are on the sheet of paper on the podium desk
- To switch from one device to another, select the appropriate "Program" button along the left side of the touch-screen
- At end of session, remove your portable storage device, videotapes, CD-ROM disks
- DO NOT shut down or turn off the computer
- Close up, and check that all doors and drawers are securely fastened. In room 205 make sure the projector is turned off by pressing 'Power' twice
- Lock room door when you leave