The School of Management is committed to advancing and supporting entrepreneurship throughout UB, Western New York and beyond. The school provides an array of opportunities for entrepreneurs through innovative programming and strategic partnerships. Whether you are an established business leader seeking to increase the profitability of your enterprise or an aspiring self-starter who wishes to launch a business, we can help. Explore the options below and learn about the many resources the UB School of Management offers.
- Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (CEL)
- The Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership promotes business growth through leadership development and experiential learning. The CEL is a dynamic entity that invites the participation of those who seek to develop their enterprises in new and innovative ways.
- Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs Program
- The Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs program creates opportunities for individuals leading minority-owned and women-owned enterprises into advanced stages of development.
- Startup CEL
- The Startup CEL program provides specialized support and guidance to companies pursuing a business opportunity with the goal of helping these companies build more effective teams and better navigate the complex pathway to commercializing their products, service or technology.
- The Henry A. Panasci Jr. Technology Entrepreneurship Competition
- The Henry A. Panasci Jr. Technology Entrepreneurship Competition is designed to bring together UB students from science, technology, business and other disciplines to maximize their potential and create viable businesses in Western New York.
- Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab) Course
- The Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab), MGO 493/695, is a 3-credit course during UB’s winter session that helps students accelerate the business startup process. Students will acquire the skills to develop and manage a successful new venture, apply these skills to the development of an entrepreneurial idea for new venture creation and gain hands-on experience in starting new ventures.
- Undergraduate Entreprenuership Academy
- UB’s Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Academy, directed by School of Management Associate Professor Yong Li, is a community where undergraduates can share meaningful experiences throughout their college years. Participants can be involved at many different levels, such as attending sponsored seminars, workshops, speaking engagements, special trips, community-building events and even living in the Academies’ residential community.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Many of the School of Management's entrepreneurial initiatives are enhanced by strategic partnerships with other UB entities across campus.
UB Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
UB Downtown Gateway
77 Goodell Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Meet our Staff