Yes! We are working remotely and available to help with any internship needs you may have. You can continue to schedule student appointments in BizLink and expect to receive telephone, Zoom or WebEx instructions from your advisor prior to your appointment. You can also send an email to email@example.com with any internship related questions you have.
• We are actively communicating with employers and soliciting internship postings. Many employers are recruiting interns for remote/virtual internships, so please do not assume that everyone is cancelling their programs.
• BizLink – Log in frequently to review internship postings. Set up your personalized Job Search Agent to receive automatic emails about opportunities that meet your search criteria.
• Virtual employer information sessions are being held and typically conducted via Zoom. Check BizLink for a list of sessions.
• Be sure your LinkedIn and Career Connector Network profiles are up to date. Now more than ever, people are connecting virtually. Use this to your advantage and seek out people with whom you would like to build a professional relationship and learn from.
• Remember, mindset matters. We know this is a challenging time and there is a lot of uncertainty. Practice patience and understanding over changing circumstances. Be responsive, agile and persistent. We are here to help and committed to assisting you with your internship search.
Yes, given the current circumstances we are accepting virtual internship postings and allowing students to participate in virtual internships. These opportunities still need to meet our standards for academic integrity and quality.
Ask your intended supervisor if there is a possibility to work remotely. If this is not an option, continue your search using the resources the Career Resource Center has provided. We also encourage you to make an appointment with a CRC advisor via BizLink to discuss your search and explore alternate options.
*We retain the right to reject an internship site or experience when the internship does not meet our standards of academic integrity or poses an unsafe or unethical work environment.
We complete academic registration for approved internships. After you accept an internship offer, follow these steps:
Credit limits for internship participation
Internships and Experiential Learning
University at Buffalo
School of Management
Frank L. Ciminelli Family
Career Resource Center
308 Alfiero Center
Buffalo, NY 14260
Please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond within 24 hours.
Virtual Quick Questions:
Mondays and Wednesdays
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
The Quick Questions virtual meeting link can be found in BizLink announcements.