Many of the general management projects UB students complete are too diverse to fit into just one concentration. Instead of through single functional areas, general management students are equipped to approach projects from a multi-dimensional perspective.
Examples of these projects include:
- Writing strategic business plans, which may incorporate financial planning, hiring decisions, processes and planning
- Evaluating current recruitment practices and conducting trend research to form a comparative analysis
- Examining social networking strategies and devising a plan appropriate for your type of business
- Assisting with event planning, which may incorporate budgeting, purchasing, advertising and organizational skills
- Reviewing overall "green" practices within your organization and presenting recommendations to key leadership
- Proofreading, editing and updating your organization's website and overall Web strategy
Tip: When posting your internship, consider opening up your requirements to general management students in addition to students in your selected concentration area.