Accounting and Law
- Jing Chen's research centers around firms' voluntary disclosure
practices and the influence of financial analysts and institutional
- Michael Dambra's research expertise includes economic
consequences of regulatory changes, pension accounting and
- Feng Gu’s current research interests include measurement
and valuation of intellectual capital (intangible assets),
corporate management and reporting of investments in intangibles,
and firms’ voluntary disclosure of financial and
- Susan Hamlen’s current research interests are in agency
concepts in performance measurement and compensation, information
content of governmental financial statements, consolidation policy
and reporting, and reporting for financial derivatives
- Myungsun Kim’s research interests are in roles and
consequences of accounting decisions in the capital market
including market efficiency and valuation effects of accounting
- William Kross’ research involves examining the usefulness
of accounting numbers in setting stock prices, including the impact
that accounting disclosures have on stock prices. Other research
includes assessing the characteristics of the financial forecasts
of managers and analysts, and the usefulness of these forecasts to
- Claudia Qi's research interests include the use and role of
accounting information in debt contracting and bond markets,
earnings quality, accounting conservatism, and economic
consequences of risk disclosure.
- Dominik Roesch conducts research in market microstructure and
market quality (arbitrage, liquidity and efficiency), and financial
- Inho Suk’s research interests are in voluntary
disclosure, earnings management around earnings thresholds, insider
trades, accounting information and market microstructure, and
corporate governance and corporate legal risk management.
- Gabby Wang's research interests are in the areas of insider
trading and financial reporting. She also examines the capital
market effects of financial disclosure quality, such as annual
report complexity and the reporting practices of financially
distressed firms, particularly on the effect of earnings management
on the outcome of bankruptcy.
- Weihong Xu’s research interests are in the areas of
financial accounting/reporting, disclosure and corporate
Return to Top
- Kee Chung's interests are in the areas of market
microstructure, corporate governance, and financial markets.
- Isaac Ehrlich's research interests include general applications
of economic theory to economic growth and development, human
capital theory, health economics, crime and justice, advertising
and information, uncertainty and insurance, and social
- Veljko Fotak's research focuses on both the role of governments
in financial markets from a corporate finance perspective and on
the broader topic of state capitalism. Recent research
examines the impact of sovereign wealth fund ownership on the
performance of publicly traded firms and the impact of implicit
government guarantees on the cost of corporate debt.
- Sahn-Wook Huh’s research interests are in the areas of
asset pricing, market microstructure (of equity, bond, and options
markets), empirical corporate finance, foreign exchange economics,
and behavioral finance.
- Feng (Jack) Jiang's research interests include corporate
finance, executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, network
economics, and mutual funds.
- Kenneth Kim's primary research interests are in corporate
finance, corporate governance, behavioral finance, and stock market
- Jerchern Lin studies asset pricing, tail risks, and investment
funds. His recent work analyzes the effects of incentive
contracts on fund managers' tail risk-taking behavior, and examines
the impact of the co-movement of volatilites and tails on investor
behavior, portfolio risk, and investment performance
- Joseph Ogden’s research interests are in the areas of
corporate financial policies and strategies, valuation of financial
assets, behavior of security returns, risk management with
derivatives and international financial management.
- Philip Perry's interests are in the areas of corporate
financial management, financial markets and financial
- Cristian Tiu's research is focused on investments, with an
emphasis on the performance and risks associated with hedge
funds. Professor Tiu is also interested in theoretical
and empirical asset allocation and in risk management.
- Brian Wolfe's research focuses on corporate finance, banking
and lending, and market microstructure.
- Philip Wool's current research focuses on the behavior of
professional investors, including mutual fund and hedge fund
managers, and the effects that trading by these institutions has on
- Chunchi Wu’s primary research interests are in asset
pricing, market microstructure, credit risk, and financial.
Return to Top
Management Science and Systems
- Sanjukta Das Smith's research interests are in the areas of
grid computing, capacity provision networks, market mechanism
design, economics of digital information goods, piracy of
information goods and decision support systems.
- Haimonti Dutta's research interests include large-scale
analytics and big data analytics, machine learning and distributed
- Rajiv Kishore’s research interest is in understanding how
organizations can improve their IT services delivery capabilities.
In this area he is particularly interested in studying IT
outsourcing and globally distributed work, systems analysis and
design and technology and innovation
- Ram Ramesh’s interests are in the areas of conceptual
modeling, capacity provision networks and supply chains and
- Raghavendra Rao's interests are in the areas of management
information systems, decision support systems, and expert systems
and information assurance
- Lawrence Sanders’ research interests are in the economic
and ethical issues of digital piracy, internet-based systems
success measurement, cross-cultural IS issues, data warehousing,
data modeling, decision making processes, systems analysis and
design and knowledge representation, and the application of
structural equation modeling in MIS research
- Raj Sharman’s research interests lie in the areas of
information assurance (specifically biologically inspired
information assurance models), extreme events mitigation
(specifically disaster mitigation from a first responder
perspective) and internet technologies (specifically - internet
performance and multimedia systems)
Return to Top
- Ram Bezawada’s research interests are primarily in the
areas of pharmaceutical marketing/health care marketing (physician
prescription behavior, medical technology adoption), retailing
(private labels, cross category effects, category management) and
application of spatial/bayesian models to marketing problems.
- Alan Dick's research interests center on the application of
consumer behavior phenomenon to marketing strategy. He conducts
research on consumer inference making, customer loyalty, and the
marketing of private label brands.
- Sri Devi Duvvuri’s research interests are in building
quantitative models to investigate consumer purchase behavior
- Charles Lindsey's research interest is in the area of consumer
behavior. Specifically, Dr. Lindsey's research focuses on how brand
information and messages are processed and remembered.
- Debabrata Talukdar’s primary research interests lie with
quantitative modeling and empirical analyses of issues related to
economic development, and marketing of both "private" and "public"
goods to consumers. The substantive areas of his research include
consumer and firm behavioral dynamics under information
uncertainty, impact of the Internet on such dynamics, new product
diffusion process, social marketing, and interface of business and
public policies affecting socio-economic development.
- Minakshi Trivedi's interests are in the areas of quantitative
stochastic choice models, the impact of promotions, retail and
pricing models, and distribution channels.
Return to Top
Operations Management and Strategy
- Jurriaan DeJong has extensive research interest in the area of
buyer-supplier relationships and remanufacturing in the healthcare
supply chain. In particular, his research has focused on the role
of inter-organizational power and dependence in the Group
Purchasing Organization (GPO) driven healthcare supply chain.
He investigates the buyer-supplier and buyer-middleman (GPO)
relationships and their effect on healthcare supply chain member
performance. Dr. DeJong further studies the various decisions
made by the healthcare supply chain members, including an OEM's
pricing decision for new and refurbished product offerings and
service contracts, a GPO's choice for OEMs for a product group and
an HCO's decision with respect to GPO service usage and procurement
of new and refurbished equipment.
- Supradeep Dutta's research is at the intersection of
technology, strategy and entrepreneurship, exploring a central
conundrum for the technology entrepreneur, attracting
stakeholders when there is information asymmetry about the quality
of a venture. In three separate streams of his research,
Supradeep investigates the value added benefits of private equity
investors (venture capital/angels) that spur innovation and growth
of new technology ventures, the behavioral aspects of
investment decisions in markets loomed with uncertainty and
information asymmetry, and how organizations cope with exogenous
shifts in the environment.
- Akie Iriyama's research interests include strategic dynamics in
corporate acquisitions, alliances, globalization and venture
- Yong Li's primary research interests focus on strategic
investments under uncertainty and venture capital.
- Winston Lin's research interests are in the areas of
information systems, multinational finance, and forecasting.
- Jun Ru's current research focuses mainly on investigating the
impacts of operations and marketing decisions on supply chain
performance. He is also interested in examining the role of
financial decisions on supply chain management.
- Natalie Simpson's interests include supply chain logistics,
emergency services and the digital distribution of conventional
- Nallan Suresh's work is primarily in the field of manufacturing
and operations management.
- John Thomas’ interests include international management,
entrepreneurship, and the commercialization of technology.
- Ramin Vandaie's research is focused on strategy and innovation,
and examines the economics of science in the private sector by
looking at the interplay between basic science, applied inventions,
and firm-level innovation strategies. Other research includes
exploring the process of developing and deploying firm capabilities
in collaborative settings (e.g. within inter-firm alliances).
- Aditya Vedantam works in the area of Operations Management. He
conducts research in supply chains, sustainability, recycling and
- Charles Wang’s major research interest is the design of
contracts and other coordination mechanisms to improve supply chain
- Mike Mingcheng Wei's research interests include supply chain
management, revenue management and dynamic pricing,
consumer-oriented operations model, social networks and social
learning, and congestion pricing and transportation networks.
Return to Top
Organization and Human Resources
- Prasad Balkundi's research interests are in social networks and
- Brian Becker's research interests focus on the effects of human
resources and labor relations policies on firm performance.
- Emily Grijalva's research interests include leadership,
narcissism, counterproductive work behavior, and gender.
- Frank Krzystofiak's research interests are in human resource
management, with specialties in staffing, selection, employment
discrimination and affirmative action.
- KiYoung Lee's research is focused on affect and emotions,
interpersonal aggression, and unethical behavior.
- Jim Lemoine’s research interests include gender and
leadership, leadership and motivation, servant leadership,
creativity and innovation, and managing under volatility,
uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
- Tim Maynes' research focuses primarily on the impact of
proactivity on organizational and employee effectiveness as well as
factors leading to employee driven innovation and
- Paul Tesluk's research focuses on strategies to enhance team
effectiveness and innovation, the assessment and development of
management and leadership talent, and organizational culture and
climate in organizations transitioning to high-involvement
- Darren Treadway's research investigates the social dynamics of
human resource processes. Specifically, his work evaluates the
impact of political skill, social influence processes, and
diversity on performance, turnover and stress in
Return to Top