Degree Programs >
Select the application information based on your current status with the University at Buffalo:
- Your first step as a prospective student is to gain admission to the University at Buffalo whether you are a high school student or college student looking to transfer to UB. When you apply to UB, select business administration or accounting as your major. Visit our Prospective Student information to find the application information appropriate for you.
- If you accepted admission to UB and are preparing to attend the University at Buffalo for your first semester, visit our Entering Student information.
What if I did not indicate I was in interested studying business administration or accounting as a major on my UB application?
New students (who are domestic) can request to update their intended major to business administration or accounting when completing the new student Orientation Data form or if the data form has already been submitted then students can inform the advisor from the previous choice they selected or indicated on their UB application that they wish to change to their major to either business administration or accounting.
New international students can email their request to update their intended major to business administration or accounting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are currently attending the University at Buffalo and are looking to change to the business administration or accounting major, visit our Current Student information.
- Students who were admitted to the major as freshmen must meet the admission standards before entering their junior year and do not need to complete an additional application unless applying to change from business administration to accounting or vice versa. To apply to change majors within the School of Management, visit the Undergraduate Programs Office in 204 Alfiero Center in person.
- Current UB students, including students who entered UB as transfer students, who are not yet approved majors in the School of Management and are applying for junior admission may apply according to the application deadlines and admission standards.
- New transfer students who have completed all prerequisites for the major at the time of entry to UB will automatically be considered for admission and do not need to file a separate application.
Admissions Criteria for Majors
What are the minimum standards for the business administration or accounting major?
Learn more >>