Degree Programs >
Professional MBA >
Program Overview >
The Professional MBA program requires 48 credit hours to earn a degree. This includes 36 core credits (12 courses) and 12 elective credits*.
- MGB 601 Behavioral and Organizational Concepts for Management
- MGQ 606 Statistical Foundation of Analytics
- MGE 601 Economics for Managers
- MGA 604 Financial Analysis and Reporting
- MGI 601 Principles of Workforce Engagement
- MGE 602 Global Economy and the Business Firm
- MGF 631 Financial Management
- MGO 630 Operations and Service Management
- MGS 607 Technology Management and E-Business
- MGM 625 Marketing Management
- MGO 641 Strategic Management
- MGT 617 Government, the Law and the Firm
- PMBA Elective
- PMBA Elective
*The six additional elective credits can be scheduled as full semester 3-credit courses or 1-credit mini courses.
Classes are scheduled just two evenings per week to best fit your busy schedule. During the fall and spring semesters, core classes meet on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 9:10 p.m. for 15 weeks. The summer session runs two nights a week 6:30 – 9:40 p.m. for six weeks (mid May – end of June).
- The flexible elective credits may be fulfilled through a combination of: mini-courses (maximum of six), three-credit electives, or completing a supervised research project. This is an opportunity for you to seek out a challenge to expand your portfolio of skills or to obtain depth in an area of interest.
- Electives may include Power and Influence, Consulting, Leading Teams, Communication Skills, Integrated Marketing, Introduction to Healthcare Economics, Supply Chains and Global Operations, International Business Environment and many more.
- Each January and August, prior to the start of the regular semester and during the spring break week, one-credit mini courses are typically held on three evenings and a half day Saturday. These specialized courses have been created to help working professionals develop important career skills. For example, you might immerse yourself in building team skills or improving your competency with business communications.
Our world-class programs give you access to everything the university has to offer, including superior professors who are experts in their fields—and experts at working with professionals. In each class you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who share your desire to be the best of the best. Through regular collaboration, you and your peers will create an educational and experiential venture, while at the same time creating strong networking opportunities to further support your future.
Participants are expected to complete significant work outside the classroom in both individual and study-group assignments. All students are working toward an MBA and need to maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 to remain in good standing and eligible for a degree.