Degree Programs >
Master of Science >
MS in Finance >
Finance Academy >
Program Design and Features
Program Design and Features
The 2015 Finance Academy will take place June 8-25, 2015. Participants will work in a team of four to five students alongside a finance executive. Students will be randomly assigned to companies and will communicate weekly with executives to design and execute their corporate project. In addition, there will be a coach assigned to each team to assist with style and presentation of their projects. SFI coaches will also meet face to face on a weekly basis during June. Students will attend daily industry and professional development workshops, have opportunity to interact with industry experts through round table, open forum discussions and company visits. Competition day will include final project presentations to be judged by a panel of finance professionals in the industry and senior faculty of the School of Management. Teams will be awarded prizes based upon a final ranking of the quality of the analyses and presentations.
Students can expect to…
- Learn from keynote speakers to gain a better and practical understanding of U.S. business and global expertise.
- Participate in site visits to various companies for exposure in finance industries and network one-on-one with company executives and alumni.
- Attend industry and professional development workshops on etiquette, conflict resolution, business norms, and more.
- Earn real-world experience and knowledge with access to an industry mentor through coaching sessions.
- During competition week, students will have the opportunity to share new knowledge and present results from four weeks of deliberations and analysis. Students are eligible for top prizes that set you apart for internships and/or career possibilities.
- Collaborate with corporate executives to analyze and design finance projects and gain experience with managerial data modeling.
- Earn job search skills including presentation, communication, specialized resume writing and advanced interviewing abilities
Executives can expect to…
- Showcase their organization throughout the School of Management and receive recognition on all promotional materials for Finance Academy.
- Mentor a team of students that will design and develop highly analytical projects for your business.
- Share personal knowledge of the industry with a special workshop topic of your choice.
- Provide mold students for professional success, shape tomorrow’s leaders, and inspire fresh perspectives and ideas.
- Take pride in introducing students to experiences beyond the classroom while given your own opportunities to network with other executives, faculty, and staff.
- Participate in an executive panel to judge student project presentations.
- Participate in roundtables to provide real perspective of the financial world.
- Early Bird Registration -
December 5, 2014
- Priority Date -
December 06, 2014
- Late Registration (if space is available)
March 11, 2015
Graduate Programs Office
School of Management
University at Buffalo
203 Alfiero Center
Buffalo, NY 14260-4010