Search for Internships >
Listed below are links to sites that post internship opportunities. However, do not isolate your strategy to this method alone. You may be surprised to learn how simply talking about your internship search can produce results for you. Additional strategies include:
- Attend job fairs, employer information sessions, speaker series events and other on-campus events
- Network with friends, family, neighbors, professors, coaches and service professionals
- Participate in civic activities through student organizations
- Join a professional organization with a local and national presence
- Volunteer on campus or in the community
- Join a sports team or extracurricular club
- Subscribe to a newsletter, magazine or journal in your industry of choice
- BizLink (Exclusive to School of Management students)
- BullsEYE (All UB programs use this site)
Popular Search Websites
- Indeed.com: Search engine allowing job/internship seekers to find postings on thousands of career sites and job boards
- Internships.com: Tools and services to enable students, employers and educators to explore internship opportunities
- CampusCareerCenter: Connecting college students with entry-level jobs, internships and careers at leading global companies
- Job-Hunt.org: Entry-level jobs, internships for college and graduate school students and/or seasonal jobs for students
- MBA Highway: Job and internship postings and career resources for MBA students
- Project-ION: Internships for Central and Upstate New York
- Wetfeet.com: Profiles of companies, careers and industries as well as internship and job postings
- Downtown Albany BID Internship Program: Opportunities for emerging business leaders to acquire professional skills and connections
New York City Resources
- New York City Internship Guide: Created by one of our interns, this guide provides multiple resources to help you search for an internship in New York City.
- Educational Housing Services: If you are looking for an internship in New York City and need to find housing this organization manages a number of buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn, including furnished rooms, high-speed internet, cable, utilities and a private bathroom.
All international internship programs are fee-based. Students interested in study abroad experiences with internship opportunites should contact the UB Study Abroad office for assistance.
- Global Internship Program, City Internships: Operates in New York City, Los Angeles, London and Hong Kong.
- Globalinks: Unpaid internship placements in Australia, Chile, Hong Kong, London (England), New Zealand, Shanghai (China), Singapore and Spain.
- Connect123: Internships in Barcelona, Buenos, Cape Town, Dublin, Shanghai
- CRCC Asia: Fee-based program with internships in China.
- IES Abroad:125+ study abroad programs in 35+ global locations
- Intern NZ and Intern OZ: Fee-based program with internships in New Zealand and Australia.
Sports and Entertainment
- International Festivals and Events Association: internship and job opportunities with sports teams, large-scale events and all types of festivals.
- AllWNY.com: Over 400 pages of links to Western New York industries including sports, music, government and more. These are not internship programs, rather, potential networking resources.
Now available in the Career Resource Center's resource area in 308 Alfiero
- The Vault Guide to Top Internships (book) outlines the nation's top internships from the student perspective; includes application instructions.
- Business First Book of Lists (directory) lists Western New York area companies by industry and productivity; includes contact information.
Disclaimer: Please note, the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning and the CRC are merely suggesting, not endorsing, external sites listed on this page. Use caution when considering your application to internships or jobs. Always conduct research on the employer before applying to ensure legitimacy. See our Safety Tips for Your Internship or Job Search handout for assistance.