Office of Internships and Experiential Learning
Students wishing to earn academic credit for internships must first meet the following criteria.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Must be in good academic standing (2.5 GPA overall and in management courses)
All MBA students are required* to complete a credit-bearing internship during their enrollment in the MBA program.
- Must be in good academic standing (minimum 3.0 overall GPA)
- Domestic students: completion of two semesters is preferred
- International students: completion of two full semesters is required
- MBA students are not permitted to exceed 18 credit hours to participate in an internship
*MBA students may be waived from this requirement if they can demonstrate at least one year of full-time employment (post-bachelor) at the managerial level.
International Students (Undergraduate and MBA)
- International students must adhere to the same criteria as listed above as well as additional requirements
- Students in F-1 Visa status must be present in the U.S. for nine months before participating in an internship
- See our International Students page for details
- MS MIS students work directly through the MIS department for any business related to satisfying the internship requirement.
- MS Accounting students performing at a GPA >/= 3.0 are eligible for accounting internships.
- MS Finance students, performing at a GPA >/= 3.0 are eligible for internship participation in appropriate internship experiences as determined by our office.
MS Finance students may also earn non-credited, valuable real world experience and job search skills through the Summer Finance Institute as an alternative to an internship.
- MS Supply Chains and Operations Management students do not complete internships as part of the curriculum. International students in these programs may not request work authorization and therefore may not participate in internships.
Reminder for All Students
- After graduation, alumni are not permitted to participate in internships found in our BizLink system.