Apply to CBIP
Apply to CBIP
The Credit-Bearing Internship Program
The Credit-Bearing Internship Program (CBIP) and the Career Resource Center (CRC) share an all-in-one online system to support your internship and job search needs, called BizLink. CBIP uses this system extensively and so will you, from the search phase through the actual internship experience and final assignments.
Students should begin their internship search early in the semester before the intended semester in which the internship will be completed. This allows ample time to conduct an effective search. See our Timelines and Deadlines calendar for more information.
Internship Search Start Dates
- Summer internships—February 1
- Fall internships—July 1
- Spring internships—October 1
Undergraduate Students - Junior and Seniors
There is no application to the internship program. Students are given automatic access based on academic performance as follows:
- Undergraduate juniors in good academic standing (3.0 overall GPA or above) are eligible to earn credit for internships.
- Undergraduate seniors in good academic standing (2.5 overall GPA or above) are eligible to earn credit for internships.
- International students must earn academic credit for internships in order to obtain work authorization, and must follow GPA guidelines above.
- All domestic students carrying a GPA of 2.5 or above are able to apply to paid internships posted in BizLink.
- Approved students will be contacted by our staff via e-mail.
- Once approved, a shortcut called "Report My Internship" will appear on your BizLink homepage.
- Please contact our office with any questions or if you are experiencing difficulties applying to postings in BizLink.
There is no MBA-level application to the Credit-Bearing Internship Program:
- MBA students in good academic standing (3.0 overall GPA or above) will receive automatic access to our program in the spring semester of the first year of their program, in order to start searching for summer internships.
- International MBA students in good academic standing are eligible to participate in internships after completion of the first year (fall and spring semesters) of their program. International students are not eligible to participate in internships during the first year of their MBA program due to restrictions with work authorization requests.
MS Accounting Students
- MS Accounting students in good academic standing (3.0 overall GPA or above) should send an e-mail to CBIP staff to request access to our program.