Sample Internships >
Workforce Management (HR) >
At ABC, we believe these basic elements are essential to our success: quality products, dedicated people, customer focus and continuous investment in our company. Our products satisfy a diverse range of customer requirements in connectors, telecommunications, electronics, automotive, ordnance, architectural and general stamping applications. We are a leading metals and technology company, specializing in stainless steel, fabricated copper products, copper and zinc metals production and related technologies.
Training Development Intern
Main Project and Responsibilities
Human resources Disciplines: general HRM, staffing, training, employee development, compensation, benefits, etc.
- 50 percent: develop an Access database for the retention of training records and other employee information
- 20 percent: develop training modules for soft skills subjects
- 20 percent: conduct a survey of employees' needs; compile, analyze and report on results as related to EAP program
- 10 percent: additional projects and tasks may be assigned
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Education: BS in Business Administration - junior or senior level standing
- Concentration(s) of study: human resource management or closely related field
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Intermediate knowledge and use of PeopleSoft
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work both independently and within a team setting
- Strong analytical skills and ability to organize data
- Work side-by-side with experienced human resources professional to gain a generalist human resources background
- Exposure to an organization with 50 employees in a private business environment within the metals and technology industry
- Enhancement of multi-tasking and team work competencies
- Experience project development from start to finish and see its implementation and value to the organization
Intern will work 12-15 hours per week. 150 or more hours of work is required over the duration of the internship in order to qualify for academic credit. Unpaid position with mileage reimbursement. An annual membership in BNHRA and participation in keynote dinner meetings will be paid by ABC.