Sample Internships >
Company ABC has been marketing a line of purging compounds for more than 22 years. Purging compounds are used by plastic processors to purge and clean equipment (e.g. injection molding). With more than 1300 customers, our company is the most recognized brand name in the purging compounds market.
Marketing Research Assistant
Main Project Responsibilities
We are now in the process of launching a comprehensive marketing research study to identify and develop a new line of products for a specific injection molding application. We need assistance in developing a questionnaire, collecting and compiling data, conducting analysis and preparing a written document outlining findings and recommendations.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Education: BS in Business Administration - junior or senior level standing is fine
- Concentration(s) of study: marketing or a related field
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to research the market, identify size and scope and report on key barriers of entry
- Strong analytical skills and a creative mindset
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions
- Contributions could have substantial impact on the development of new products
- The intern will work hand-in-hand with the director of marketing, who has 20 years of professional experience
Intern will work 12 hours per week. Schedule is flexible around academic commitments. Some travel may be required but will be conducted with director of marketing. 150 or more hours will be required, as our company has designed this internship with academic credit in mind. Paid position at $10/hr.