Sample Internships >
As the world's largest package-delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services, PDC continues to develop the frontiers of logistics, supply chain management and e-commerce combining the flow of goods, information and funds.
Finance Analyst Intern
Main Project Responsibilities
- 50 percent: Profitability studies using BidCAM computer model. Responsible for compiling shipper specific cost indices and inputting into the model. Analyze results and develop written and oral results summaries.
- 20 percent: Analyze the impact of specific facility enhancements throughout the district. Determine if original appropriations were accurate and provide detailed analysis for both written and oral presentation of results.
- 20 percent: Assist finance manager with internal audit compliance across multiple functions (pricing, finance, other business processes)
- 10 percent: Peripheral projects and tasks may be assigned
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Education: MBA students only may apply
- Concentration(s) of study: Finance
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- Strong analytical background
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) with managers and with clients is essential
- Professional demeanor at all times
- Expand analytical skills through various projects using computer models
- Develop knowledge of the delivery and logistics business
- Increase team work skills through collaborative efforts with professionals in the field
- Gain experience in a small private company with 50 employees
- Leadership skills: self-management and adaptability, strategic thinking
- Intern will work 10-12 hours per week. Schedule is flexible around academic commitments. A minimum total of 150 hours of work is required.
- Compensation: $15 per hour