Faculty and Research >
PhD Research >
Operations Management and Strategy >
PhD Students >
Operations Management and Strategy Department
PhD, Management, Operations Management and Strategy (Strategic Management track), University at Buffalo, expected June 2015
BA, Management Information System, Wuhan University, China
- Venture capital, financing entrepreneurship
- Social capital, inter-organizational networks
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (Instructor), Fall 2011.
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (Instructor), Summer 2012.
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (Instructor), Fall 2012.
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (Instructor), Summer 2013.
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (Instructor), Fall 2013
- Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., Gao, L., & Jiao, J. (2013). Inward-Outward Guanxi Contagion and Employees’ Responses to Managerial Guanxi Practices. Journal of Management and Organization, 19(5):613-634.
- Jiang, H. & Gao, L. [Title withheld in compliance with the blind review process]. Invited for Revise and Resubmit, Strategic Management Journal
Working in Progress
- Gao, L., Li, Y. & Yang, H. How Firms Use Networks to Tackle Uncertainty in Financing Entrepreneurship: From Real Option Perspective. . [Writing stage, Target journal: Strategic Management Journal]
- Gao, L., Jiang, H., Xia. J. & Li, Y. Rely On You or Rely On your Friends? Relational Dependence, Structural Dependence, and Venture Investment Termination. [Preparing for Submission, Target journal: Strategic Management Journal]
- Jiang,H., Gao, L. & Bai, T. FDI Entry Mode and Survival: The Effect of Position-Specific Network”. [Data analysis stage, Target Journal: Journal of International Business Studies]
- Lin, W. T. & Gao, L. The Business Value of Information Technology and Product Efficiency: a Perspective of Market Orientation. [Writing stage, Target journal: Journal of Management]
Selected Conference Presentation
- “Rely on You or Rely on Your Friend? Relational Dependence, Structure Dependence, and Venture Investment Termination.” With Jiang.H. Annual Conference of Strategic Management Society 2014, Madrid , Spain.
- “Making the Pie and Splitting the Pie: Joint Value Creation and Opportunism in Volatile Environment.” With Jiang. H, & Hoetker, G. Annual Conference of Academy of Management 2013, Orlando
- “Something Old, Something New, and Something You Want: The Coevolution of Firms Ego Exploitive and Exploratory Alliance Network.” With Jiang, H., Cannella, A. A. Annual Conference of Strategic Management Society 2013, Atlanta
- “When Will Employees Interpret Guanxi Practices Negatively? External-Internal Guanxi Contagion and Employees’ Reaction to Managerial Guanxi Practice.” With Jiang, H. & Jiao, J. Annual Conference of Academy of Management 2010, Montreal
Awards, Grants, and Honors
- Doctoral Scholarship, School of Management, University at Buffalo
- Conference reviewer: Academy of Management Annual Meetings
- Journal reviewer: Journal of Business Research
- Membership of professional associations: AOM (BPS & ENT), SMS
- Assistant consultant (Intern), iResearch Consulting Group, Shanghai, China.
- Key Dta-Mining and Marketing team, China Tobaco Guangdong Industrial Co., Ltd, Guangdong, China
Operations Management and Strategy
School of Management
University at Buffalo
339 Jacobs Management Center
Buffalo NY 14260-4000