Faculty and Research >
Academic Departments >
Organization and Human Resources >
Frank J. Krzystofiak
Associate Dean of Executive Education
Organization and Human Resources Department
PhD, University of Minnesota
MAIR, University of Minnesota
BSBA, University of Minnesota
Dr. Krzystofiak's teaching and research interests are in human resource management, with specialties in staffing, selection, employment discrimination, and affirmative action planning. He is recipient of SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching and an Outstanding Professor Award from the Graduate Management Association. Dr. Krzystofiak has served on the editorial board of the Academy of Management Journal. He has consulted widely in human resources problems, particularly with respect to human resources information systems.
Cardy, Robert and Frank Krzystofiak. "Interfacing High Technology Operation with Blue Collar Workers: Selection and Appraisal in a Computerized Manufacturing Setting" High Technology Management Research 2 (1991): 193-210.
Hunt, Raymond G., Frank J. Krzystofiak, James R. Meindl, and Abdalla M. Yousry. "Effects of Cognitive Style on Decision Making." Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 44 (1989): 436-453.
Krzystofiak, Frank J., Robert Cardy, and Jerry Newman. "Implicit Personality and Performance Appraisal: The Influences of Ratee Behavior and Rater Cognitive Processing on Performance Evaluations." Journal of Applied Psychology 73 (1988): 515-521.
- Academy of Management
- American Psychological Association
- Random House (1982-1993): Developed procedures to evaluate employment practices. Developed computerized affirmative action planning system.
- Loomis Armored Car (1992-1993): Litigation support
- United Airlines (1987-1990): Litigation support
- Occidental Petroleum (1989): Developed a performance appraisal grid for process operating assistants.
- General Motors (1988): Conducted a validation study to be used for internal selection of hot-former operators.
- Organization and Human Resources Outstanding Professor, awarded by the Graduate Management Association (1985-1986)
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, State University of New York (1988)
Frank J. Krzystofiak
Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Executive Education
Organization and Human Resources
School of Management
University at Buffalo
271 Jacobs Management Center
Buffalo, NY 14260-4000