Faculty and Research >
Academic Departments >
Operations Management and Strategy >
Operations Management and Strategy Department
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Venture capital and financing entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Corporate investment strategies under uncertainty
- Investing in emerging markets
- Li Y, Vertinsky I, Li J. National distances, international experience, and venture capital investment performance. Journal of Business Venturing.
- Li, Y. & T. Chi. "Venture capitalists' decision to withdraw: The role of portfolio configuration from a real options lens." Strategic Management Journal.
Li, Y. & S. Zahra. "Formal Institutions, Culture, and Venture Capital Activity: A Cross-Country Analysis." Journal of Business Venturing.
Tong, T. & Y. Li "Real Options and Investment Mode Decision: Evidence from Corporate Venture Capital and Acquisition". Organization Science.
- Li, J. & Y. Li. "Flexibility versus Commitment: MNEs' Ownership Strategy in China". Journal of International Business Studies.
- Iriyama, A., Y. Li, & R. Madhavan. Spiky Globalization of Venture Capital Investments: The Influence of Prior Human Networks. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Li, Y. & J. Mahoney. "When Are Venture Capital Projects Initiated?" Journal of Business Venturing
Click here for the full list of publications and download links.
Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
International Journal of Strategic Change Management
- Dean's Fellowship in Research, 2010
- Finalist, Carolyn Dexter Award, Academy of Management, 2010
- Selected for the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2009, 2010
- Nominated for SMS Best Paper, 2007, 2009
- List of Teachers Rated as Excellent by Their Students, Illinois, Fall 2004
- Undergraduate: Strategic Management (MGO403), New Venture Creation (UE149), Technology Entrepreneurship (MGO365)
- MBA: Technology Entrepreneurship (MGO665; formerly MGO696)
- PhD: Seminar in Strategy (MGO796)
- All levels: Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab) (MGO 493/695)
Dr. Yong Li currently serves as the Academic Director of the undergraduate Entrepreneurship Academy, University at Buffalo.
Dr. Yong Li has co-founded businesses and served on the advisory boards of startups.
Operations Management and Strategy
School of Management
University at Buffalo
326K Jacobs Management Center
Buffalo, NY 14260-4000