Faculty and Research >
Academic Departments >
Operations Management and Strategy >
Operations Management and Strategy Department
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006
- Venture capital and financing entrepreneurship
- Real options
- International entrepreneurship
- Investment strategies in emerging markets
- Corporate governance in entrepreneurial firms
- Li, Y. & T. Chi. "Venture capitalists' decision to withdraw: The role of portfolio configuration from a real options lens." Strategic Management Journal.
Li, Y. & S. Zahra. "Formal Institutions, Culture, and Venture Capital Activity: A Cross-Country Analysis." Journal of Business Venturing.
Tong, T. & Y. Li "Real Options and Investment Mode Decision: Evidence from Corporate Venture Capital and Acquisition". Organization Science.
- Li, J. & Y. Li. "Flexibility versus Commitment: MNEs' Ownership Strategy in China". Journal of International Business Studies.
- Iriyama, A., Y. Li, & R. Madhavan. Spiky Globalization of Venture Capital Investments: The Influence of Prior Human Networks. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Li, Y. & J. Mahoney. "When Are Venture Capital Projects Initiated?" Journal of Business Venturing
Click here for the full list of publications and download links.
- Dean's Fellowship in Research, 2010
- Selected for the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2009, 2010
- Nominated for SMS Best Paper, 2007, 2009
- List of Teachers Rated as Excellent by Their Students, Illinois, Fall 2004
- Undergraduate: Strategic Management (MGO403), New Venture Creation (UE149)
- MBA: Technology Entrepreneurship (MGO696)
- PhD: Seminar in Strategy (MGO796)
Dr. Yong Li currently serves as the Academic Director of the undergraduate Entrepreneurship Academy, University at Buffalo.
Operations Management and Strategy
School of Management
University at Buffalo
326K Jacobs Management Center
Buffalo, NY 14260-4000