Operations Management and Strategy Department
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MGO 663/463 - Entrepreneurship Lab (eLab)
(MBA/Master’s, PhD, Undergraduate)
- MGO 665/365 - Technology Entrepreneurship
- MGO 796 - Seminar in Strategy (PhD)
- MGO 403 - Strategic Management (undergraduate)
- UE 149 - New Venture Creation (undergraduate)
Yong Li is the inaugural academic director of UB's undergraduate
- Courtney, C., S. Dutta & Y. Li. Resolving information
asymmetry: Signaling and crowdfunding success. Entrepreneurship
Theory & Practice. Special issue.
- Li Y, I Vertinsky, J Li. "National distances, international
experience, and venture capital investment
performance." Journal of Business Venturing.
- Li, Y. & T. Chi. "Venture capitalists' decision to
withdraw: The role of portfolio configuration from a real options
lens." Strategic Management Journal.
- Li, Y. & S. Zahra. "Formal Institutions, Culture, and
Venture Capital Activity: A Cross-Country Analysis." Journal of
- Tong, T. & Y. Li "Real Options and Investment Mode
Decision: Evidence from Corporate Venture Capital and
Acquisition." Organization Science.
- Li, J. & Y. Li. "Flexibility versus Commitment: MNEs'
Ownership Strategy in China." Journal of International
- Iriyama, A., Y. Li, & R. Madhavan. Spiky Globalization of
Venture Capital Investments: The Influence of Prior Human Networks.
Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Li, Y. & J. Mahoney. "When Are Venture Capital Projects
Initiated?" Journal of Business Venturing.
Visit Dr. Li’s personal website for a full list of
publications and download links..
Dr. Li’s research has appeared in such media outlets as
Forbes, Entrepreneur, Crowdfund Insider and Newsday.
He has given keynote speeches, co-founded businesses and served
on the advisory boards of startups.