Executive Education >
Post-MBA Studies >
After you've been accepted to take post-MBA courses, what's next?
Your UB Person number, which is also your student ID number, and your UB IT Name can be found by logging back into your application and checking the status tab (typically two days after acceptance). Your person number will be required on many forms that you will need to complete while studying at UB.
In accordance with New York State Public Health Law, UB requires that all students (undergraduate, graduate, professional) born on or after January 1, 1957, must provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps and rubella. The state also requires that all students receive information about meningococcal disease and have made an informed decision about whether or not to receive immunization against meningococcal disease.
UB students will not be allowed to register for classes until they have fulfilled these requirements.
- Students new to UB - You will not be registered for classes until the health form is completed and received by Health Services.
- Returning UB students - If you have attended UB previously, please call Health Services 716-829-3316 to verify that your records are in compliance. Please check out their website for contact information.
Once you have sent your health form to the Health Services office or contacted them to verify that your account is in compliance. please email the EMBA/PMBA office.
You will be notified by the EMBA/PMBA office via mail when your registration is complete.
To be completed after registration
- Students new to UB, will receive an email with a one-time use password and directions on how to claim their email account. Returning students must contact CIT to have their account reactivated.
- You do not need a parking permit for evening classes since the parking lots are open for anyone after 3:00 pm, however, you may find that there are times that you want or need to be campus during the regular business day. We suggest that every student request a parking permit. Parking permits can only be ordered through an on-line process. When you fill out the form, request that the permit be picked up at North Campus. Complete the application and notify this office and we will handle pick up for you.
- Every student should obtain a UB ID card. There is now an option to do this totally on-line. It is still possible to do this in person; however the UB Card Office is only open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Just as with your parking permit, let the PMBA office know when you’ve submitted this application and we will handle the pickup for you.
- Email forwarding: Directions on how to forward your UB email account.
Your professors will only contact you using your UB email, so check it or have UB email forwarded to you daily.
- On-campus wireless access: Directions on how to connect your computer to the UB wireless system.
- UBlearns: Many classes will use UBlearns to post course materials.
- HUB Student Center: How to guides and tutorials that will help you navigate your HUB student center.
- Register for campus alerts to be notified of campus emergencies and school closings.
- Directions to Jacobs Management Center and Alfiero Center.
- MBA Handbook [PDF]: A helpful guide outlining your rights and responsibilities as a student of the UB School of Management.
- Request Tuition Receipt: Use this form to request a receipt for tuition payment, Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.
- Team Breakout Rooms: Team breakout rooms are available for School of Management student groups.
- Directions for Viewing Class Schedule in HUB [PDF]: A step-by-step PDF guide for directions on how to use HUB to view your class schedules.
- Download free software including MS Office to your personal computer.
- If you will be using an Apple computer be sure to check the UB Computer Standards Webpage on the UB Information Technology website.