Career Resources >
BizLink for Students
BizLink for Students
BizLink is the online career management system brought to you by the Career Resource Center and the Office of Internships and Experiential Learning for the exclusive use of School of Management students.
- View and apply to job and internship postings
- Register for career events including jobs fairs, workshops, employer information sessions and networking events
- Access Vault to learn more about job functions and industries
Logging into BizLink
Click the BizLink logo below.
At Username: Type your UBIT name.
At Password: Type your UBIT password.
BizLink Demo: View a brief introduction on how to get started with BizLink.
Help Logging In
You need a UBIT name and password to login to BizLink. Students admitted to the School of Management will have access to BizLink during the first week of the semester of their admission.
School of Management Alumni
When you graduate you will retain access to BizLink using your UB IT name and password. Alumni from June 2009 or later are already loaded into BizLink.
Any alumnus graduating before June 2009 who would like access to BizLink (to search for jobs), please send your request along with your full name, degree earned and year of graduation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UB IT Name and Password
UB alumni admitted in 1997 or later should have an existing UB IT name. As an inactive student your UBIT name may not work for other on-campus applications, but it will work for BizLink (once you are added to BizLink by the CRC). To request your UB IT name or password, please refer to UB Information Technology for instructions.
UB alumni admitted prior to 1997 need the CRC to create their UB IT name and password. For this we need proof of your identity. Please email or fax (716-645-5993) a copy of a government-issued picture ID with name and date of birth along with your BizLink access request (full name, degree earned and year of graduation) to email@example.com. Once I have received your document I will then add you to the system and send you an email on how to log in.
- Forgot UB IT Name
- Forgot or Change Password
Setting Up Your Profile
- Review all of your information for accuracy (especially degree, concentrations and graduation date).
- Your BizLink profile will be used to help career advisors notify you of important events, job and internship postings and relevant career information. Be clear about your interests and skills. Always ensure your resume is up-to-date. Indicate as many majors as you are interested in. The more accurate your profile, the more relevant the information sent to you will be.
- Mandatory fields must be completed in your profile before you can proceed in BizLink. Update them periodically to maintain access.
- Log in often to check current job and internship postings, On-Campus Interviewing opportunities, and upcoming career events.
- Keep your student profile, resume(s) and related documents up-to-date, especially your address, phone, and email so that Career Resource Center can contact you about information most relevant to you.
- BizLink is a password-protected portion of the Career Resource Center website with numerous career resources at your disposal. Both students and alumni have access to these tools and products.
What's in BizLink?
Job and Internship Postings
- Vault contains comprehensive information by industry and company. This includes more than 100 career and industry guidebooks, 1700 day in the life articles, 5000 employer profiles and much more.
- Create an account using your UB email. This is an exclusive tool for School of Management students.
MBA Job Web
- Includes national job and internship postings for graduate-level students. Most positions require work experience.
Your Documents (résumé, cover letter)
- Upload your résumé to BizLink to assist in your applications.
- Click on the My Documents tab and select Upload Documents. To add a new résumé, click on the Add New button. Label your document and select its Type to target résumés and related documents to specific types of opportunities. Browse to find your document and click Submit. You may add up to 10 of each type of document.
Job Search Agent
- Have emails automatically sent to you when new vacancies that meet your search criteria arrive in BizLink.
- Click on "Job Search Agent" on the Shortcuts Menu on your homepage.
On-Campus Interviewing Program
- Employers regularly visit campus to recruit talented School of Management students for jobs and internships.
- Submit your résumé in BizLink to be considered for these opportunities.
- Under the Jobs and Internships tab, click on UB CRC Jobs and Internships, and then go to the "Show Me" drop down-menu select "Interviews I Qualify For."
Career Fair and Event Information
- Receive updates about special events that provide opportunities to explore your interests, interact with employers, and find ways to gain career experience. We host a variety of events throughout the year. Look for announcements on your home page for current career event information.
- Career Explorer: Information on industries and job functions including salaries and expected growth.
- Document Library: This area houses many documents and resources important to your job search including our BizLink policies, content available only to School of Management students (like a case interviewing presentation by a nationally-recognized author), safety tips, internship information and more.
If you have any questions about BizLink and the services offered, contact the Career Resource Center at 716-645-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.